“The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) gives EPA the authority to control hazardous waste from the “cradle-to-grave.” This includes the generation, transportation, treatment, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste. RCRA also set forth a framework for the management of non-hazardous solid wastes. The 1986 amendments to RCRA enabled EPA to address environmental problems that could result from underground tanks storing petroleum and other hazardous substances.” – epa.gov
The US EPA requires that all hazardous waste facility personnel (“all persons who work at, or oversee the operations of, a hazardous waste facility and whose actions or failure to act may result in noncompliance…”
40 CFR 260.10) receive training at least once a year.
- Emergency Procedure Guide
- Emergency Response Plans / Development / Training
- Emergency Services
- Evacuation Contingency Plans
- Fire Systems Analysis
- HazCom / SDS Compliance
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management Plans
- Safety Manual Development
- Site Hazard Analysis
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Training Needs Assessment
- Written Program Development
Ready To Schedule Your Course Now?
Who Needs Asbestos Training?
Asbestos Building Inspector
Required for individuals who will investigate public or private buildings for asbestos-containing materials.
Completion of this course certifies the individual in removal, encapsulation and enclosure of asbestos-containing materials and to be the on-site competent person for an abatement crew.
Open Enrollment Training
- 16-hr RCRA Initial
- 8-hr RCRA Annual Refresher
- 24-hr Asbestos Building Inspector Initial
- 4-hr Asbestos Building Inspector Annual Refresher
- 40-hr Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor Initial
- 8-hr Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor Annual Refresher
OSHA, not EPA, Regulated Training
- Asbestos Awareness
- 16-hr Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Initial
- 4-hr Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Annual Refresher
- 8-hr Lead Renovator (RRP) Initial
- 4-hr Lead Renovator (RRP) Refresher (every 5 years)
- Lead Abatement CS and worker
- Lead Building Inspector
- Lead Sampling Technician
Meet our Asbestos Expert
Brian Gladhart, CIH, CSP, has been providing Industrial Hygiene services throughout the southwest since 1992. He maintains professional certifications in several key areas (Asbestos, MSHA, Emergency Response and FEMA) and brings his years of experience to ETC by providing training in our various Asbestos classes.